Registration for non-presenters is now OPEN!.
- Regular : €440
- PhD student : €280
- Low/middle income country presenter: €280
21% Spanish VAT included in the price. Please note that if your institution / business has a registered and valid SPANISH VAT number, you must enter this on your registration form. VAT will be removed from businesses with a valid Spanish VAT.
- Please note that the EEA and ESEM have to set fees according to the fiscal rules of the country of the event. In recent years, the registration fee of EEA-ESEM is subject to the highest rate of VAT on the full fee.
- EEA-ESEM registration fee has been increased this year. From the 2023 congress, the registration fee will increase annually in line with inflation.
Due to space restrictions in place at the congress venue, we cannot accept accompanying people (intended as family members) registrations.
The registration fee includes:
- Access to the coffee breaks from afternoon of day 1 to morning of day 5, and lunches on day 2, day 3 and day 4
- Access to the conference party on the evening of day 2
- Sign up to any smaller networking event that takes place as part of EEA-ESEM
Payment of registration fees will be through the PayPal account of the EEA. For those of you who have do not have PayPal accounts, this can be bypassed and you will be able to pay directly by Visa / Mastercard
The option to pay by bank transfer will also be given.
You can cancel your registration in writing by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Cancellations received by or on 1 July, 2023 (11:59 CEST): 50 % of the total amount paid will be refunded
- Any cancellations received after 1 July, 2023 (11:59 CEST) or persons not attending without deregistering will not receive a refund.
If a registered presenter cannot attend after having completed the initial registration, the registration can be switched to a co-author (proving s/he is not submitting another paper on the programme) at no cost.
- please go to https://congresscreator.org . If you have not already got a Congress Creator account, you will have to create one by clicking on Create Account on top of page.
- Once your account is created / you are logged in please, click on Dashboard. You will see an orange banner appear - "Register your attendance for the following events". Although your registration allows participation in the EEA and ES sessions, you are asked to register to the association where you hold an active membership.
- At the next stage, you will be asked to verify your membership of the EEA or ES (depending on the first step above) so we encourage you to have these membership details ready when you register.
- Once you have verified your EEA / ES membership, you will be taken to the relevant registration form.
- Note that you will not receive an email but if your registration is successful, you will receive a thanks message on Congress Creator and you will lose the option to register again (so banner will disappear)
Insurance and Disclaimer
Barcelona School of Economics, nor the European Economic Association nor the Econometric Society, nor any other third parties involved in the organisation of EEA-ESEM Barcelona 2023, provide insurance. The parties listed above do not accept liability for losses of whatever nature incurred by participants and/or accompanying persons, nor for loss of or damage to their luggage and/or personal belongings at the congress venue. Furthermore, the parties listed above do not take responsibility for any loss, accident, damage or illness that might occur during the conference or in the course of travel to or from the event site. Please check the validity of your own travel and/or health insurance to ensure that you are fully covered throughout your stay in Spain.
In case of force majeure, Barcelona School of Economics, the European Economic Association, the Econometric Society, and any other third parties involved in the organisation of EEA-ESEM 2023, has the right to cancel the Congress or move it to a virtual format without prior notice. However, a notice of the occurrence shall be given by Barcelona School of Economics, the European Economic Association, the Econometric Society, and any other third parties involved in the organisation of EEA-ESEM 2023, as soon as reasonably possible. Force majeure shall mean any circumstance beyond reasonable control that prevents or impedes the holding of the Congress, including, but not limited to, government action, war or hostilities, riot or civil commotion, plague or other epidemic such as COVID 19, SARS, bird flu, etc, earthquake, flood, hurricane, cyclone, volcano, fire or other natural physical disaster, explosion, accident or breakdown, strike, lack of the usual means of transportation or terrorism. Neither Barcelona School of Economics, nor the European Economic Association, nor the Econometric Society, nor any other third parties involved in the organisation of EEA-ESEM 2023, shall be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damages, losses, expenditures or any other inconveniences or costs caused by such modification of format or cancellation of the Congress. Furthermore, registration fees will not be reimbursed.